The Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK) is a professional Organization bringing together the “landed” professionals. The members are within eight major disciplines of the surveying profession namely; the Valuation Surveying, Property Management, Real Estate Agency, Land Surveying. Building Surveying. Land Administration Managers, Engineering Surveying and Geospatial Information Management Surveying. The Institution is inviting
applications from highly competent dynamic, self-driven and results oriented candidates to fill the following vacant position:
PR & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
JOB TITLE: PR & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
REPORTING TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Public Relations & Communications Officer shall be in charge of communication and publicity at ISK with the aim of building, maintaining and managing the reputation of the Institution.
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulation and Implementation of Communication strategies for the Institution;
- Establishing, maintaining and control of ISK’s brand equity and visual identity;
- Management and control of all corporate communication and ensuring that it is communicated through the right channels including preparation and placement of ISK press releases, print advertisements, newsletters, weekly news higlights and media monitoring
- Development of marketing products and services for the institution
- Content development for the Institution’s website including regular updates of ISK web pages including addition of links to/from the site as well as management of the Institution’s social media platforms;
- Production of corporate communication tools (annual report, communication kit, brochures, banners, newsletters, e-news and other brand standards)
- Planning and Executing the Institution’s events to promote public relations and corporate image
- Maintaining the Institution’s clippings and historical files
- Handling all media and public relations for ISK;
- Managing the Institution’s magazines and an electronic bulletin including preparing supplements and opinion pieces;
- Sourcing for sponsorship for ISK Events and activities;
- Ensuring effective dissemination of ISK policy advocacy positions through different avenues including but not limited to press statements, policy briefs, press conferences, media appearance, website;
- Collecting and refining articles for submission to various publications under the guidance of the Editorial and PR Committee;
- Writing news releases, speeches and articles for the Institution;
- Updating ISK members, staff and other stakeholders on Institutional news and other developments;
- Performing any other lawful duties as may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Journalism or its equivalent from a recognised university; or
- A post graduate qualification in Mass Communications/ Journalism/PR will be an added advantage;
- Current Membership with a Professional Body
- Being a Surveyor with the above qualification will be an added advantage
- IT proficiency in desktop publishing, use of MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point, graphic design and e-mail; and
- Three years’ experience in developing and implementing corporate communications programmes.
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships and work with a range of different groups both internally and externally;
- Ability to foster effective public relations and communications at the Institution;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Effective organizing and planning skills;
- Presentation skills; and
- Teamwork skills.
Job application procedure
All application letters with detailed CVs indicating telephone contacts with three referees and filled ISK Job Application Form to be sent to: email@example.com on or before 31st May, 2023.
ISK is an equal opportunity employer.