To be a globally recognized professional institution that provides leadership in surveying and land management.
To advance the surveying profession in Kenya so as to enhance competence of surveyors in the management of the natural and built environment with a view of positively influencing the society to ensure sustainable land managementand development.
- Creativity and Innovation: We believe that the way forward in developing the profession of surveying and attaining the ISK’s vision is through generation of creative and innovative ideas.
- Professionalism: The ISK has a pool of qualified members who carry out their responsibilities in a professional manner. We endeavour to always uphold professionalism in the practice of surveying.
- Ethics, Integrity and Accountability: We undertake to always act morally and ethically and to consistently demonstrate a high degree of probity in dealing with our stakeholders. ISK will always be accountable to its stakeholders for its actions, decisions, and policies including their administration, governance and implementation.
- Stakeholder Focus
- Teamwork: In the discharge of ISK’s mandate, we will embrace teamwork and be committed to maintaining high standards of service delivery.
- Social & Environmental Concerns: We appreciate the importance of our environment and will therefore, ensure that our activities are not only compliant, but also friendly to environmental laws and community interests.
- To secure the advancement, facilitate the acquisition of, and impart that knowledge which constitutes the profession of a surveyor;
- To promote professional, economic, social status and welfare of the members;
- To promote ethical performance of the obligations of the members of the profession for the benefit of the public;
- To contribute to the development of national, regional and international policies, laws, strategies and plans in land management in a manner that facilitates sustainable development;
- To represent the interests of the members of the profession in relevant local, national, regional and international forums;
- To work with other local, national, regional and international organisations on matters of mutual interest;
- To establish such institutions, institutes or other bodies as may be necessary for the achievement of its objects;
- To engage in the provision of such services as may be necessary for the benefit of the members or the sustainability of the Institution; and
- To conduct such examinations, tests or other assessments as may be necessary to determine an applicant’s eligibility for membership.
- To do all such things as are incidental to the forgoing objects.