To be an internationally recognized professional organization committed to providing effective leadership and excellence in land resource management for sustainable development.
To develop, provide and maintain excellent professional leadership in surveying disciplines, offer valuable services, advance members welfare and positively influence the society in land management and development.
- Creativity and Innovation: We believe that the way forward in developing the profession of surveying and attaining the ISK’s vision is through generation of creative and innovative ideas.
- Professionalism: The ISK has a pool of qualified members who carry out their responsibilities in a professional manner. We endeavour to always uphold professionalism in the practice of surveying.
- Ethics, Integrity and Accountability: We undertake to always act morally and ethically and to consistently demonstrate a high degree of probity in dealing with our stakeholders. ISK will always be accountable to its stakeholders for its actions, decisions, and policies including their administration, governance and implementation.
- Teamwork: In the discharge of ISK’s mandate, we will embrace teamwork and be committed to maintaining high standards of service delivery.
- Social & Environmental Concerns: We appreciate the importance of our environment and will therefore, ensure that our activities are not only compliant, but also friendly to environmental laws and community interests.
- To secure the advancement and facilitate the acquisition of that knowledge which constitutes the profession of a surveyor.
- To promote the general interests of the members of the profession.
- To promote ethical performance of the obligations of the members of the profession for the benefit of the public.
- To contribute to the development of international and national policies and legal frameworks, strategies and plans in land management in a manner that facilitates sustainable development.
- To represent the interests of the members of the profession in relevant local, national, regional and international forums.
- To work with other local, national, regional and international organisations on matters of mutual interest.
- To establish such institutions, institutes or other bodies as may be necessary for the achievement of its objects.
- To engage in the provision of such services as may be necessary for the benefit of the members or the sustainability of the Institution.
- To conduct such examinations, tests or other assessments as may be necessary to determine an applicant’s eligibility for membership.