A building surveyor is the professional with the necessary academic and technical expertise that enables one to implement property management needs and stated below:
- Registration and categorization of buildings.
- Surveying the structures and conditions of buildings to establish defects and prescribe appropriate remedial measures.
- Preparation of sketch plans, specifications and estimates of building renovations and maintenance works,
- Implementation of such works.
- Preparation of inspection reports on structural, sanitary and decorative condition of buildings.
- Planning and execution of necessary works to improve on building conditions.
- Giving expert advice and evidence with regard to building law and arbitration in building maintenance contracts and lease agreement disputes.
- Housing estate administration including overseeing allocation of space and letting.
- Preparation and renewal of leases.
- Rent collection/payment.
- Boarding and condemnation of structural or economically obsolete buildings.
- Compilation and updating of building inventory and maintenance manual.
Mr. Christopher Khaoya- Chairman
Mr. James Kimani- Secretary