ISK council meets CS Ministry of Lands and physical Planning
The Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK) on Monday 15th August 2016, held a meeting with the Cabinet Secretary Lands and Physical Planning. The meeting, which came at the time when the Ministry is implementing various initiatives in the sector, sought to discuss and agree on the following key issues of mutual concern to both Institutions; Digitization of land records, support on the amendments to various legislations, non-practicing allowance for ISK members working in the Ministry.
The following were agreed upon:
- ISK shall be incorporated in various committees on the review of the legislations including the Land Control Act, Cap 302. Both Institutions shall jointly lobby for the enactment of the bills already before parliament.
- The Ministry, in consultation with ISK, shall form a taskforce to review issues of non-practicing allowance against the existing policy guidelines.
- The Director of Survey shall enlist the services of ISK while seeking atleast 100 interns to assist in the scanning of land records.
- ISK, Land Surveyors Board, Association of Licensed Surveyors and Directorate of Survey to develop standards and procedures for submitting Surveying jobs.
- Ministry shall support ISK request for land allocation to the NLC.
- Both Institutions shall hold quarterly meetings to track the progress on the various issues agreed and also engage on other issues of mutual concern.
ISK Council shall engage with other relevant stakeholders in due course in pursuit of their mandate to the membership.